RE: Digital camera pix

Hi Gary, Terry, all

Scott Hanson and I both recently purchased Olympus 3000 series cameras.
They are the top of the line "prosumer" digicams on the market.  Actually,
the Olympus 3300 is the best, but the only difference between it and the
C3000 is extra internal RAM that allows it to take 4.5 fps (and $200 more).

It's better than its competitors (Sony & Nikon) because it's the only one
that allows for all manual settings.  The quicktime movie feature is also
pretty amusing.

I picked up my C3000z at http://www.ssdonline-dot-com for $725 with no tax and
no shipping charges.  I feel pretty good about this since all the local
merchants are asking $800 with another $60+ of tax.  Be really careful about
camera houses in NY.  They are usually cheaper but I have read lots of bad
things on the web about them.  You can get really good prices on Smart Media
at www.mobshop-dot-com.

Here is one of the best digicam review pages
http://www.steves-digicams-dot-com/

Gary made the best digital camera arc photo that I have seen yet!  Scott and
I both love our digicams and are amazed the photo quality, but we have been
a bit dissapointed in pictures of arcs.  The CCD doesn't seem to show the
little spidery arcs and faint purple glow of the corona like film cameras.
I bet you could never get one of those "corona christmas trees" to show up
on the digicam.  Gary - what settings did you use?

BTW, all of my Teslathon pics were taken with the C3000z. No arc pics,
though.

Ross-O