Re: sync motor question

Hi Mark,

	Induction motors spin slightly less than 1800 (1500) 3600 (3000) RPM due
to "slip".  However, they are not sync since sync motor are less powerful
and get a lot hotter than regular motors.  They do tend to spin in relation
to the line frequency but the "rated speed of 1725 or 3450 (60Hz) is
approximate.  When you convert it, it will be exactly 1800, 3600, 1500, or
3000 RPM and the rotor will be locked at the same phase angle in relation
to the AC sine wave too.

Your motor sounds perfect for the conversion.

Cheers,

	Terry