digital pics - further

Hi all,

(Terry, not exactly TC, but considering the thread on cameras, perhaps)*

 I have had three of my pics from my high power light-up blown up.
Because these were taken using the digital camera on it's jpeg setting I
was told there would be noticeable pixellation of the image. After some
hunting around I found a piece of software called Genuine Fractals by
the altamira group,(needs photoshop). This will convert an image file of
any format into a proprietary file using fractal mathematics for
encoding. You can then vary the file to any size with virtually no
'dirtying' of the image whatsoever. It converted a 446K 1600pixels
x1200pixels x16m file to one sized 52"x32"x20M file and it came out
absolutely perfect.

 Considering many on the list now have access to digital cameras, the
above software can certainly help if modifying originals is required.

Best Regards

 Robin.

<<* Photography of Tesla coils is on-topic. - Terry>>