Re: tapped primary

In a message dated 6/2/2000 5:00:39 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>  ?  what does this mean?  What are some specifications, information etc.
>  Thanks

   You tap the primary in order to change the inductance and therefore the
primary circuit's resonant frequency.  This is the most convenient way to
tune your system so that the primary resonant frequency matches the secondary
resonant frequency.
     Tapping the primary simply means changing the spot where one of the
leads is connected to the primary coil thereby changing the number of turns
on the coil.  I usually tap the connection on the outer turns of my primary
since it is a flat or Archimedes spiral.  That way the coupling isn't changed
at the same time I am adjusting the inductance.
  Hope this helps
Mike