Re: Paper about multiple resonance circuits

Tesla List wrote:

<snip>

> ...  That's all chaotic resonance really is though, and in your
> diagrams in the ps file, you used odd harmonics.  Those will pound
> themselves down to a square wave if you keep adding stages at odd harmonics.
> Even harmonics boost the power.

  Tesla used to stress the rate of rise of voltage in the driving
waveform to obtain optimum power transfer. In light of "recent"
advances in EM theory, was he really seeing that, or is rate of rise
just important in getting the spark gap to fire?

  Is a TC really just a low-pass filter (spikes in, sine out)?

  The "standard" TC circuit transfers power only when the primary gap
voltage is high enough to fire. This would seem to me to be the source
of any chaotic behavior, as many factors (temp., heat, humidity, the
phase of the moons of Jupiter, etc.) will influence the timing of any
given bang relative to the previous one considered against secondary
phase.

  I'm thinking a TC should really be burst-driven with sinewaves, the
beginning of each burst synched to replenish the secondary field with
successive ringdowns. This could be accomplished with an
externally-excited spark gap (yes, like a Xenon tube. That's my
particular seat on our mutual hobbyhorse  ;>) ).

  Mark L. Fergerson