Re: PVC Wire for a secondary?

Hi John, Ed,all,

Regarding PVC insulation, from my personal coiling experience, I have
to agree with Ed Wingate's comments about using tight wound mag-
net wire secondaries. If the system is properly tuned to the 1/4 wave
length, the Vmax will only occur near the top terminal capacitance of
the resonator while maximum current will occur -at- the grounded base.
Remember, the (I) and the (V) are 90^ out of phase. Also, a good-sized
toroid produces an elecstatic shield around the upper portion of the
sec, where most of the very high potentials are located.

I have had experience with both space wound and tight-wound secs,
and either will work if the system is properly constructed and tuned.
It seems to me that it is advantagious to wind the sec. as tight as
possible as this increases the (L). My current largest coil system is