[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NST's ARE ALL DEADLY !!!!!!!!

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

> <<
> > Original Poster: "Oliver39" <Oliver39-at-tinyworld.co.uk>
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I've got a NST from the local sign shop for nothing. He said that its
> 5kv-at-25ma,
> > I was wondering what would happen if I got shocked by that I doubt I will
> but I
> > might as well know how carefull to be. If you could please reply off list
> so it
> > stands out and doesnt get deleted.
>
> > Thanks,
> > Oliver Margarson.
>   >>

> Oliver,
>
> The simple answer is you'd be dead.  Some folks survived, but they
> were lucky.  Some folks fall out of airplanes and survive, and
> they're lucky too.
>
> I guess it's important that we continue to post these warnings on
> the list so no one gets killed with this fun but dangerous hobby.
>
> All new coilers should thoroughly read and understand the safety
> precautions for this kind of work.
>
> Safely though knowledge and discipline,
> John Freau

	I have a Lindsay Publications reprint of a 1935 book on neon signs,
written by D.G. Fink, editor of Electronics magazine, and another author
who was a real expert on neon signs.  If I could find the thing in the
mess here I'd give an exact quote, but what they say is, in effect, that
the only way NST's can kill you is if you get shocked and fall off a
roof, ladder, etc.!!!!!!!  Obviously untrue, and wonder if anyone ever
got killed after reading this?

Ed