[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Request for Magnet Wire! Desperate!

Everyone,

I found an excellent source for magnet wire.  Contact Fay Electric Wire Co. in
Oshkosh, WI -at- 920-426-0792 (no Web site).  They quoted me $1.95 plus copper
($1.07 yesterday) per pound.  That's $3.02 per pound for 22 AWG magnet wire!
The downside is that they have a 10 pound minimum purchase, and I don't know
how much shipping is (not TOO much, I'd imagine).  10 pounds is about 4 times
what I need now (all the more for another coil in the future :-), but maybe not
so bad for those with 8-10" coils.

Mark