[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: High Voltage Corona Dope -- Questions

At 11:29 AM 01/03/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Original Poster: "William Parn" <parn-at-fgm-dot-com>
>

>Greetings All,
>
>I just noticed www.mouser-dot-com has a product called 'Final-L-Kote AR'.
>It states, 'provides insulation against high voltage arcing
>and corona shorts'.
>
>Has anybody tried this stuff?
>
>Is it worthwhile?
>
>Are there other similar products?
>
>Is it a good idea to spray the back side of a MMC board
>with this stuff?
>
>How about the top windings of a secondary?
>

>Many Thanks,
>Bill Parn

Hello Bill & Coilers:

I've used "homemade" corona dope for years on my H.F. mobile antenna
up pieces of a styrofoam coffee cup and disolve them in the acetone.
You'll end up with a clear goo that has a viscosity dependant on how
much styrofoam you put in.  It air dries in about ten minutes and it
has excellent high voltage properties.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca