[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

NST insulations

Hi All,
    I'm trying to enhance one of my 15/60 Jefferson NSts. Hopefully i can get
200ma, but before i get there, I must overcome arcing problems. Right now
while i cut off shunts(these da#-at- Jefferson's don't have those
"remove-a-shunts" and i need to cut them) it runs dry for testing to make
sure it'll run. I usually run it dry for about 3-4 secs -at- 75% power on my
variac. After i push up the power, i get an arcing from my Secondary to my
core. Of course i turn it off here. What i want to know is if there is
anything temporary that i can use to prevent arcing during my testing? When
i'm done w/ the de-shunting process, I plan on potting the nst back in
vaseline. Is there anything bad w/ using Vaseline? I also have about 5
gallons of mineral oil i can use to re-pot, but that is really really messy
and i want to avoid that.
Stumped!
-Alan