[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: begginer needs help

At 11:03 PM 03/04/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>what kind of primary should i build for a 3by 15 inch coilpowered with a
>9kv30ma nst and soon moving to a 15kv30ma?some say a flat spiral.can someone
>explain this to me?

Hi Fucian,

	My small coil is similar to yours.  You should check out the pictures at:

http://users.better-dot-org/tfritz/newcoil/

The secondary is 26 inches long by 4.25 inches in diameter.  There are 1180
turns of #24 wire giving an inductance of 22mH.  The top terminal is one of
John Freau's 4x13s.  The total resonant frequency is 248kHz.  I made the
primary out of 1/4 inch copper refrigeration tubing.  I took an 18x18x1/4
inch sheet of Plexiglass and drilled holes 0.40 inch apart and stuck #6
nylon screws through the holes to hold the spiral of copper tubing in place.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

	Terry