[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NST's ARE ALL DEADLY !!!!!!!!

The secondary shock is almost certainly some form of static discharge.
I have gotten a shock from touching my secondary many times, but it's
more like the winter touch the doorknob static shock than an AC mains or
NST shock.  These static shocks can be unnerving, especially when you
are new to coiling.  But, after a while, you get used to them and don't
even notice them any more.

Believe me, when you get shocked by either 120 mains or NST output you
know it!  I gave myself a pretty decent shock off a 12/30 and the
muscles in the arm the current went through kept cramping for a day or
two afterwards.

I'm not trying to play down your shocks, Chris, but I just have to
believe (based on my own painful experience), that you were getting some
sort of low current static shocks....

Comments?

-Stan