[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Maxwell caps on Ebay BEWARE!

At 11:30 AM 3/5/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Original Poster: "Adam" <adamsmith-at-mediaone-dot-net>

[snip]

>Moral of this story- don't buy from IROCUSA, unless you want to play
>capacitor roulette, and get stuck with something that might not even still
>work.  If you've already bought from this person, and are in any way
>unsatisfied, I would appreciate your comments for my small claims
>submission.
>

>Thanks,
>
>Adam Smith
>adamsmith-at-mediaone-dot-net

Hi Adam,
I looked at those very same caps too. If you notice from the picture on his
auction page, the "Measured Capacitance" of those caps is "----- uF".
(That's right, 5 dashes). I wrote and asked what the real capacitance was,
and Rich claimed that he couldn't measure them, due to lack of equipment.
"D'oh!", I thought. If he isn't measuring them, they might be blown,
factory rejects, or anything! So I didn't bid on them. I saw that you got
them, and was waiting to hear what the outcome was going to be. What a bummer.
:-/

Dan