[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dreaming........

On Sat, 04 Mar 2000 13:32:37 -0700 Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> writes:
> Original Poster: "Christopher Boden" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
> What about......?
>
> 1. Wrapping one of the towers in a fiberglass ...um...er...sleeve?

	I bet that the breakdown voltage woiuld
still be way to low, and the presence of brick inside the secondary would
alter inductance and other factors as well. It might also be heated up
considerably, and what about the combustable creasote and other nasty
things bound to be clinging to insides of the smokestack?

> 2. Cutting all but 10' of the tower down (they are not used anymore
> anyway)
> and useing it as a base?

Sounds sane enough.

Grayson Dietrich
http://www.electrophile.8m-dot-com

> >Original Poster: "Dr. Resonance" <Dr.Resonance-at-next-wave-dot-net>
> >

> >Won't work --- the brick is conductive at the millions of volts
> such a coil
> >would produce.
> >
> >You need a large fiberglass tube like the electrum coilform was
> based on.
> >
> >Dr. Resonance

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/get/tagj.