[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HV rectifier tubes, capacitors, other stuffFS

Hey folks,
I did not offer any toobs for sale, 860s or 866s. I posted to correct Bill
Noble's misprint.
His correction appears below, and the original posting is below that. I wont
fix blame--
Reinhard.  :-)))  Oh, what a tangled thread we wove.

Happy day,
Ralph Zekelman

Original Poster: "Bill Noble" <william_b_noble-at-email.msn-dot-com>

aahh, yes, that would be 866s - sorry.  they say that memory is the second
thing to go

Original Poster: "Bill Noble" <william_b_noble-at-email.msn-dot-com>

aahh, yes, that would be 866s - sorry.  they say that memory is the second
thing to go

<< Original Poster: "David Trimmell" <davidt-at-pond-dot-net>

 Also note that all Mercury rectifier tubes like 866A's and 872A's are not
 particularly great in high E RF fields. I personally like the MMD
 (multi-mini-diode, to steal from others), but tubes can recover from
 overstress conditions, where as solid state semiconductors are less
 forgiving...

 Regards,

 David Trimmell