[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Interesting Skin Depth Data

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Ruud de Graaf" <rdegraaf-at-daxis.nl>

> Maybe this is old news for the real TC die hards, but I found some
interesting
> stuff about skin depth on
> <http://www.misty-dot-com/~don/skin.html>http://www.misty-dot-com/~don/skin.html.
Thank
> you Don Klipstein! I must still read his info carefully, so I can't
comment on
> it right now, but I'am really interested in the general opinion of the list
> members about this paper.

The conclusions are apparently correct, but the initial calculation is
strange:
The skin depth in an uniform conductor is given by:
sd=sqrt(2*p/(w*u)) meters,
where:
p=resistitivy in ohms-meters. In the example 40 ohms-cm = 0.4 ohms-m
w=frequency in rad/s. In the example 175000*2*pi
u=pi*4e-7
The result is 0.76 meters. No skin effect at all.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz