[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Possible cheap MMC capacitors

Hi Bryan,

	I think their price is pretty inline with everyone else but Newark does
not "stick" you as bad for low volume purchases.  I am not specifically
familiar with the Cornell Dubilier 940C30P1K but all the description sounds
perfect.  The 0.068uF version may "fit" better in the typical MMC needed
specs but that depends a bit on the coil and voltage needed.  Note that
these caps are really $2.16 each in quantities of 50 or more(0.1uF 3kV).

There is ONE significant problem.  Newark has zero in stock!  Expect a 3 to
4 month lead time! ;-((  Call Newark to be sure, but I know all about (and
have caused ;0)) a few looooong lead time problems with MMC caps...

Newark is usually not real cheap but they do treat the "little guy" buying
stuff for his hobby just like the big guys.  They also have some big
industrial stuff that is nice for "big power" TC control panels...  I
always like to buy stuff from them for "my" projects and for "big stuff" at
work too.  Real nice to deal with, but, in this case, that three month lead
time may be beaten by the "lead time in minutes" folks in Minnesota...  Or,
the "I got them here on my desk right now" guy in Fort Collins...

If you get these caps, send me a couple and I can test their dissipation
too.  I hope to get that going tonight...

Cheers,

	Terry