[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

MMC WIMA caps -- good or bad?

    I am planning to build an MMC array for my TC, I just have to find the
right caps.  So far, I have been eyeing the WIMA FKP1 2000 VDC/700 VAC at 0.047
uF capacitors and the WIMA FKP 2000 VDC/ 700 VAC 0.068 uF Snubber capacitors at
<http://www.wima-dot-com>http://www.wima-dot-com   Does anybody know anything about
these caps? including price, current rating; I plan to buy around 500 - 600 of
them with one of my friends.
    My setup will be run with 15000V at 180 mA and a regular 120 bps on an 8"
coil.  The cap bank will have 14 strings of 21 caps using the FKP1's for .0313
uF, or 10strings of 22 caps using the FKP Snubbers for .0309 uF, both rated
around 15000VAC.  You do think that the current will be divided enough, right?
I know, I know, I probably don't need that many for my power setup, but I'm a
perfectionist-- better safe than sorry--, or something.
    Any pointers or info about these caps or any others that are good will be
appreciated- happy coiling, thanks a million

    BTW- anybody know anything about Elecrocube 950 series?
<http://www.electrocube-dot-com>http://www.electrocube-dot-com