[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Fried Franceformer

I though it would never happen, not to me.  But I fried one leg of my
15/30 Franceformer. I have been reading all the posts of how to de-pot a
transformer, but after I do that what I am (probably) looking for to fix?
 Is the damage usually due to burned wiring, or carbon tracking, or what?

While I have it de-potted should I take advantage of this and re-work it
to increase the current before re-potting?  I know this involves removing
shims but I don't know the procedure to do this.  Also, how do I test
current rating at this power level safely?  I have a Fluke DMM with a HV
voltage probe (27KVAC).  Can I use this to check for current without
frying this too?

thanks
Ron West