[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Dramatic Performance Drop After 5 Seconds?

Greets All,

My coil when at 3/4 to full power will run really nice for
1-5 seconds and all the sudden the 12" - 14" streamers turn
into little 1/2" streamers, and the sound changes to a real
tinny sound.  If I wait a few minutes and turn back on, it
repeats.

I cleaned and checked to spark gap really well and the same
thing still happens.

Is it possible my MMCs are shorting partially and then coming
back to life after being powered down for a few minutes?

It happens very quickly it does not slowly degrade over time.

Many Thanks,
Bill Parn

PS: I have got some 14" streamers to air with only
a 9kv-at-30ma NST.  Does anybody know what the record
is for this little NST?