[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Avalon Design

Updated Design specs are posted to the site daily. www.geekgroup-dot-org , goto
projects, then Avalon.

The ASRG has been totally redesigned, and looks much better. Though I am
thinking of something WITHOUT disk rotors perhaps.

How about useing something like a 4"dia X 24"long tube mounted at a right
angle to the drive shaft with electrodes mounted in the ends?
Or perhaps a Kevlar/Al honeycomb (this is used for helicopter blades) shaped
like a teardrop, not a true airfoil, but symmetrical so as to lower
parasitic drag without trying to flex itself out of shape.

Alright, my brain is totally fried now...I'm gonna stop typeing and go play.

Chris B