[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

UV Detection methods was Ultraviolet light from brush discharge.

Hi list,
    I know many of us here are all concerneed about UV rays and damage
towards our eyes.  Sarah Thompson stated something called "fairy Liquid". If
i've got the right idea, you can take this stuff under a uv light and it will
glow(like glow in the dark paint.) I was wondering if it's possible to use
some liquid that will glow under uv to find out if we are being exposed to
UV? it would sure beat buying expensive equipment. OFf the top of my head, i
know that one can try using the Liquid Tide w/ Bleach laundry detergent. I
know this stuff is clear but glows purply under a blacklight/uv source. has
anyone tried this or is interested in trying it? It would be very interesting
to find out.
-Alan

In a message dated 3/14/00 12:33:33 PM Pacific Standard Time,