[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: weird primary design

Draw lines from corner to corner to give yourself a good guide. Drill the
holes by hand at the required spacing (say 1/2").

The only problem is that you'll probably get arcing along the surface of
the board.  Support the turns of the primary off the board about an inch
with anything convenient. For instance, get a piece of 1/2" or 3/4" pvc
pipe and cut a bunch of one inch pieces as standoffs, then use nylon wire
ties (or string or anything insulating) to tie the primary down.
n=nylon tie, P= primary tube, s= tubing standoff, bb= board

      nPn
 s   n  n   s
 s   n  n   s
 s   n  n   s