[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Basic question

Stanislaw,

look at the
text files and the archives there. Much stuff from the great and the good -
Richard
Quick's stuff is particularly good for beginners. Also go to
tesla.better-dot-org where you
will find stuff from many of the list people, with a coil database showing
examples of
various sizes, configs and results. Terry also has moved much of his very
informative and
precise study material here.

When you go to pupman-dot-com, you will see an icon for the Tesla coil ring.
All I can say is
invaluable - it features hundreds of people, many of whom started from the
ground up - a
few failed (so far) but very many succeeded and can give you so much in the
way of
inspiration and ideas.

My advice is to research as much as you can on your own, read, read, read,
consider, read
some more and only then come to a design goal and plan. Also a program
called WinTesla
will help immesurably, perhaps others could provide the link to the latest
version
(actually - for Terry/Chip - is there or should there be a link to this on
Pupman or
better-dot-org? I keep wondering where the *real* latest version is!!). The
list will help you
clear up all the questions you have when your brain has gone into that
'infinite spin' and
can't figure out where to go.... the best resource....

Good hunting,

best regards and welcome to the list

Alex Crow