[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: UV Detection methods was Ultraviolet light from brush discharge.

All interested in UV detection:
There is a very cheap fluid that glows in UV- Tonic Water!  Just go down
to the grocery store and buy a bottle.

Bryan Steinbach

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000 18:04:43 -0700 Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> writes:
> Original Poster: Megavolt121-at-aol-dot-com
>
> Hi list,
>     I know many of us here are all concerneed about UV rays and damage
> towards our eyes.  Sarah Thompson stated something called "fairy
Liquid". If
> i've got the right idea, you can take this stuff under a uv light and
it will
> glow(like glow in the dark paint.) I was wondering if it's possible to
use
> some liquid that will glow under uv to find out if we are being exposed
> UV? it would sure beat buying expensive equipment. OFf the top of my
head, i
> know that one can try using the Liquid Tide w/ Bleach laundry
detergent. I
> know this stuff is clear but glows purply under a blacklight/uv source.
has
> anyone tried this or is interested in trying it? It would be very
interesting to find out.
> -Alan

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/get/tagj.