[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Helical primary question

Hello David,

My understanding is that with the many variables involved in the tuning of a
coil, it is very difficult to build a coil with perfect tuning, and coupling.
I recently tried an "off axis" tuning coil to add the inductance necessary to
get the little 10/23 OBIT coil to tune. It worked very well I used a flat
spiral of 9 turns, which wasn't enough, so I added 10 turns of the same size
wire wound around a 3" form. It ended up tuning at the end of the 10
turns....(whew!).

If you have the space for one, it worked for me!

Have fun!

Chris