[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Possible Record

Hi All,
         after the avlaon idea came on list I did a bit of digging to try
and find a fairly definitive longest spark ever from a TC.  The Robert
Golka 'Project Tesla' system is reported (by Richard Quick) to have
achieved 105 feet maximum spark length.  It is not clear what input power
he was running at the time, but it was in excess of 150kVA, which was the
rated capacity of his generator.
Unless anyone on list knows of anything longer I think this is probably the
definitive record.
For details check out tesla50.doc and tesla50.jpg in the pictures/misc/
directory of the funeti tesla archives.

http://ftp.funet.fi/pub/sci/electrical/tesla/pictures/misc/

Regards
Nick Field