[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: DC TC

>> I suspect that adding the diodes prevented some of the energy that was
>> left in the tank capacitor from flowing "back" into the transformer's
>> leakage inductance during every AC voltage zero-crossing. The
>> bidirectional energy transfer that normally occurs between the tank cap
>> and the leakage inductance of an NST (even for non-resonant charging
>> systems) was prevented by presence of the diodes. This would have the
>> impact of reducing the overall efficiency of energy transfer between the
>> NST and the tank cap, reducing performance.
>>
>> Safe coilin' to you!
>>
>> -- Bert --

Hi Bert,

The way I see it, the energy of the primary cap should go to primary coil,
not back to the secondary power supply! Performance is the ratio Pout/Pin.
'The bidirectional energy transfer' you are talking about is loss, so the
diode(s) should improve things in my opinion. Of course I have not so many
experience with TC's, so excuse me if I am totally wrong with this theory.

Ruud de Graaf
Greetings from sunny Holland