[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New Capacitors - Useful?

	Hi Andy,

	These sound like power factor correction caps (the first says KVAR, and
both are rated to commonly used distribution voltages) and unless these
are different then the ones I have (had), the are good for only one
thing: power factor correction.  I attempted to use these for my TC and
they didn't last long (even 3 13.8kV  units in series!).  Am told that
the dielectric is no good for high frequencies - but they'd be great for
a centerpiece at the dining room table! :-)

	Ross