[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: heater on toroid

You could build a donut shaped steel ring and put it in a furnace and heat
it to

1800 degrees F.  Then before it has time to cool place the red hot ring on top
of your TC and turn it on. This may tell you what you want to know without
using a battery or power supply to heat the metal Red Hot.

I am not sure how this compaires to an experement that I once did.  I placed
a pie pan on top of my TC.  I put 1/4 cup of alcohol in the pie pan and ignited
it and turned on the TC.  The 3" blue alcohol flames conducted the sparks into
the air.  The results was a round blue ball of 1000's of  micro small sparks
that
looked  like a 24" diameter ball of burning steel wool on tip of the secondary
coil.  The flame and heat conducted the sparks, so the red hot glowing metal
ring might do the same thing.

Gary Weaver