[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

900 VAC -- MMC CAPS -- 900VAC

    I found some Arcotronics caps for mmc's rated at 900VAC (yeah, I know
900AC, wow), .022uF, and a dv/dt of 2500.  they say they have tested their caps
at  125% overvoltage for 2000 hours at 85 degrees C at 50Hz and they seemed to
have held up fine.  --BUT, the caps don't have metal foil electrodes, just an
"aluminum layer deposited by evaporation in a vacuum."  This is my main
concern.  Are the metallized electrodes OK opposed to foil? Because everything
else seems to be rated just right for a TC.  If the price is right, do you
think I should snatch some of these up?

BTW, the detailed PDF info sheet is at
<http://www.arcotronics-dot-com/pdf/r74.pdf>http://www.arcotronics-dot-com/pdf/r74.p
df -