[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: heater on toroid

Hi Harvey, all,

> Original Poster: "Harvey D Norris" <Tesla4-at-excite-dot-com>
>

> On Tue, 21 Mar 2000 12:02:06 -0700, Tesla List wrote:
>
> >  Original Poster: "Jan Florian Wagner" <jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>
> >
> >  Hi,
> >
> >  just some weirdo idea here... what would happen if one placed a
> >  powerful heater - maybe some coiled up wire shortening a strong battery -
> >  on the topload? I'm not thinking about the heat (i.e. not a candle), but
> >  the glowing metal that releases electrons into the surroundings before
> >  having streamers breaking out. (some sort of pre-ionization before the
> >  breakout voltage in the field distribution around the heater is reached)
> >
> >  I've only a small coil and it would crash below my car battery, and
> >  having wires extend to the toroid from elsewhere wouldn't be nice either,
> >  so I can't try it myself, though I'd like to.
> >
> >  Would there be any observable/theoretic benefits or neat effects? Or no
> >  effect at all? At least blue haze around the heater?
> >
> >  just being curious...
> >
>  Make your topload a ground insulated barbeque with live coals, might want
> to get back a little, I am trying this soon with a different high freq.
> process: see my electric teapot entry at messageboard. HDN

I've tried putting charcoal on my TC terminal in an attempt to create
the Corum's ball lightning under their stated experimental conditions
and all I ended up with was glowing charcoal tips and showers of
yellow sparks. Point was - I didn't have to pre-light the charcoal - the
coil did the job to perfection.

Regards,
Malcolm