[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: FREE NST's

Hi!
my name is matt and I just got done building a coil.the first thing i say you
need to do is use a flat primary instead of the other.since you using some
power ,the coil will probably strike your coil right now.your caps sound
right to me.at least the ratings do.you need a cylinder spark gap.its the
kind that has several copper sections bolted in place.i switched over to it
yesterday and my sparks grew considerably!now for your hook up.you will want
to find a good protection for your transformers.at the pupman site they
describe a lot of stuff for coils.its located on the how to section.first
what I did was to build a good base for everything.mine is birch wood.i put
on polyurathane.its a sinch to put it on boards and coils.you can buy it in a
aresol can witch helps big time!just spray like its paint.for the primary i
mentioned i skipped the supports and drilled holes in a line on the
board.next i laid out the coil and formed it carefuly.then i took wire ties
and snapped the turns down!easy!works great and helps out.it holds them down
rock solid.for the hook up info you need to take your transformer and take
the two outputs and connect them to the capacitor.one wire per one input for
the capacitor.then one wire from one capacitor terminal to the spark gap.the
other terminal from the cap goes to one primary turn.use the innermost turn
first.then connect a wire from the spark gap to the tap for the primary.make
sure you use the spark gaps other side.not the one with the wire allready
attached.now all you do is set the secondary in the middle of the primary
innermost turn.make sure the inner most turn is at least one and a half
inches larger than the secondary.to ground the secondary take a copper tube
5ft by 1-2 inches and carefuly tap it into the ground down at least 4
feet.connect the bottom turn of the secondary to the pipe.ground the
transformerto this also.for the toroid,just set it up on top the secondary
coil making it contact the top free end of wire.to tune it,what i did was
take the tap end comming from the tank and slowly move to each turn turning
the coil on and off each time you change turns.------if you find me online
you can ask all the questions you want------FUCIAN