[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Bipolar or half wave.

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Malcolm Watts" <malcolm.watts-at-wnp.ac.nz>
>
> Hi Luc,
>
> <snip>
> > I see your point , It's probably easier physically and mechanically to
> make the
> > primary isolated from the secondary in that setup then with a bipolar. I
> > already
> > consider the approach of the magnifier I'm sure it's the simpliess way  to
> > solve
> > the arcing problem:  You  could easily built the driver in oil, but from
> what I
> > know they are difficult to tune and less efficient  I'll try that later
> maybe.
> > In your opinion what is the best option a coil with a counter poise or a
> > bipolar
> > coil without a ground reference. Please correct my if I'm wrong in a
bipolar
> > coil you don't need to fide energy to the ground you just need a reference.
>
> IMO anything without a ground reference point is dodgy at any
> significant power level. What level did you have in mind? Either
> arrangement is likely to suffer the same problem (arcing to primary
> near the centre/base) if one end is allowed to attach to some object
> while the other end isn't. For dinky power levels it doesn't matter.
>
> Regards,
> Malcolm

Tx a lot Malcolm for your advice.

I'll try the counter poise set up for now maybe later I'll try the bipolar
( just
need a second primary) I plan to limit myself to 300 to 500W  and I'll post the
result .

But don't hold your breath .( I'm a slow Worker but I never work back):
Adaptation from a Lincoln citation.

A plus.
Luc Benard (Montreal)