[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

UK Teslathon with THE OPERA "NIKOLA TESLA" !?????

Greetings all,

The 2000 UK Teslathon is here in Corby, Northamptonshire,
on Saturday 27th May, 2000.

Once again we will have coils, and sparks. Last year we have at least
8 coils and lots of long arcs. This year quite a few people have been
buying pole pigs....

I was just just contacted today with a wonderful offer -

>Hello from Zagreb, Croatia!

>New Music Ensemble Zagreb just finished CD with music
>from my contemporary opera "Nikola Tesla".
>Opera is about Nikola Tesla, the true unsung prophet of
>the electric age.
>It's inspired by Tesla's autobiography, and some lyrics by
>James Joyce and E.E.Cummings.
>The music is structurally really something new, influenced
>by Cage, Glass and  Ligeti.

>Is it possible for us ( New Music Ensemble ), to take
>part on your Teslathon 2000 ?

>Thank you

>Vladimir Nemet
>http://jagor.srce.hr/~vnemet

So there is the outside chance that we may have the
British premier of an opera on the life of Tesla!!!!!
Eat your heart out Royal Opera House :) Corby could be up
there with La Scala and Bayreuth!
I'll keep you posted! You can download a sample of the music
from the site.

But the programme as it is so far is:

Programme

9am onwards hall open for those setting up coils.
10.30am arrivals tea/coffee registration.
11am onwards demonstrations.
12.30am Lunch - I'm not putting on a lunch this year but there will be
tea and coffee, bring your own sandwiches or there is a chip shop, grocers,
and a chineese take away across the street.
1.30pm Q and A session - we'll press gang a panel over lunch!!!!
2pm More demo's including we hope the first ever run on our
3pm or whenever, finish.

We'll also have tables for bring and buy

safety
please don't bring any iffy equipment
If you are bringing a coil try to bring a CO2 or dry powder extinguishers
also.
Becuse we will have quite a number of working coils each with
their own HV supply, we have to discourage people from bringing
children. We cannot admit children  - there won't be safety barriers!
Younger teenagers who are active in coiling are welcome but you must have
a parent with you as I cannot take responsibility for your safety.

We are limited by 13A wall plugs and poor earths - though
we got good results last year with the central heating pipes.

If you are bringing a coil let me know.
If you are interested in coming let me know.

Cost addmission L3,  tea/coffee at 25p - (after costs the money will go
to the church for the use of the hall.
photo's of last years event plus location maps
on my web site:

http://ourworld-dot-compuserve-dot-com/homepages/alansharp

contact me direct if its just to say that you are coming,
only points of general interest should be raised on the list.

Alan Sharp ( alansharp-at-compuserve-dot-com )