[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Interference - how do I build the ulitimate mains filter?

Greetings All,

I haven't run my coil in the garage recently because of the
inference it puts out.  I'm also aware of the dangers to
other appliances through mains spikes - and maybe not just
in my house (I can't unplug my neighbours' computer etc).

I'm seriously considering building a faraday cage in the
garage and I would like to also beef up my mains filters.

My first thought is to put together some big chokes and caps
- the caps can double for pfc. And a few movs. But I thought
that I would seek the advice of the wise ones here first. I also
wonder if I can add caps etc to filter across ballast chokes etc.

Alan Sharp (UK)