[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: mini TC/plasma globe

Hello Boris,
I think I should redecribe the mini TC/plasma globe because the current
description is misleading...The circuit I am using uses the flyback/555
circuit as a primary voltage source to drive a mini TC circuit (the coil has
a 4 turn primary using #14 hookup wire wound directly on the secondary,the
secondary is wound on a 3" form using #22 magnet wire and is about 8"
long)The TC circuit is grossly out of tune if that matters.The arcing to my
finger is not in sync with the spark gap so would this mean it is a definate
capacitive discharge instead of the arc going through the glass?

Kevin Dalpe
Attleboro MA