[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: mod of sync motor (trying to modify)

> Original Poster: "Paul Eugene Kidwell" <tmb-at-ieee-dot-org>

Hey Paul, John,
Comment below:

<snip>

> (BTW, what porportion of cut to uncut do you use on a 3450RPM motor?)

When Reinhard replied to me regarding making the cut and uncut areas
proportional (which works out that way but still is not the proper method
as measuring the poles are), he also commented on the 3600 rpm motor.
Basically, if you tried to make the flats equal, you would end up cutting
off half the material. Obviously, this isn't the method to use for a 3600
rpm rotor. You'll need two flats, but I'm guessing the method of
measuring the poles (primary winding) width is still the proper method
for this motors modification.

Bart