[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: MMC cap questions

Hi Kevin,

Terry Fritz I think still has 0.056uf Panasonic caps.
He sells them with the bleed resistors for only $1.45.
It would be much cheaper to go this route.  Oh yeah that
includes shipping charges as well.

You are assuming correctly.  I use Terry Fritz MMC calculator
to figure out how many to put in a string such that it
will take my NST's voltage.  He has done a lot of testing of
these Panasonic caps so his MMC calculator will allow you
to minimize your total cost of the MMC by minimizing the
number of total caps that you need for the voltage rating
you are looking to work with.

Terry MMC calculator.  Use this one if you are not going
to use the 0.056uf caps.  He has a newer program however
it assumes you are going to use the 0.056uf caps.  Of
course if you want to used the second one it is just
a minor mod in the Basic code.

http://www.peakpeak-dot-com/~terryf/tesla/misc/MMCCALC1.ZIP

Regards
Bill Parn