[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: tesla coil safety

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Fucian-at-aol-dot-com
>
> Hi all, i was wondering if letting a 7 inch spark jump to me with metal in my
> hand is safe?it doesnt hurt, but it does make my muscles twitch.i like to do
> a lot of experiments using this affect.i just want to know if im destroying
> anything.
>
> btw--a friend wants to know if its possible to use mercury in place of salt
> water.

Hi Matt...

mercury is highly TOXIC ....  alot worse than lead...  dont even
consider it

ummmm  as far as letting the sparks contact through you ... i would not
do it ...   there has been new reports that the output from a TC isnt
all that great to be playing with...  especially when you start boosting
up the transformer power....   no need to make yourself a statistic...

Scot D