[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bad ground....

Ruud, All,

Twin coils, and this probably applies more as the processed power increases,
certainly *do* need an RF ground to stabilize the centerpoint of two identical
and oppositely driven 1/4 wave resonators.  The exception is the single 1/2
wave coil driven by a spiral or solenoid primary in the exact center.

Ed Wingate and I have both built large laboratory twin coil systems with
point-to-point discharge lengths of some 16 feet and 11 feet respectively and
have discovered that they do not function without the center ground reference.
Operating a large twin setup to work in optimum fashion using a ground without
its ground can result in serious insulation system damage in the area between
the primary coils and HV resonators.

Robert W. Stephens
Director
AREA31 Research Facility
<http://www.area31-dot-org>www.area31-dot-org

<<mailto:rdegraaf-at-daxis.nl>rdegraaf-at-daxis.nl>