[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Heat-sink spark-gap

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Dan and Nancy" <ntesla-at-ntesla.csd.sc.edu>
>
> Hi all,
> I'm wondering if making a static air-flow gap out of finned aluminum
> heat-sinks might be ok. With air-flow, I'm thinking that the finned
> heat-sinks might cool more efficiently.
> Comments?
> Dan

Hi Dan...

aluminum can be used for low power applications ( 30mA or less) but
eventually there will be erosion of the fins...

also aluminum has a bit higher resistances than brass copper etc. thus
restricting the power applicable to the primary/tank circuit...

if you can, use copper or brass for owpower appications    higher power
is better with tungsten rods...

Scot D