[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Flat Ribbon Conductors

Note to moderator : the message to which I'm replying was sent to
me from "tesla-request".  >I have a note in to Chip about it.  Should not
be a big deal... - Terry<

Hi Dan,

> Flat Ribbon Conductors
>
> For my next coil I want to use a ribbon conductor for the primary to
> greatly increase efficiency (reduce the damped wave in the tank).

What exactly do you mean by "reduce the damped wave"?

> Obviously copper would be the best (well, who can afford gold!), but I am
> having problems locating any. I am a college kid, so I can't afford to go
> to an expensive custom sheet metal shop. I have heard that you can buy
> copper roof flashing (haven't ever seen any though) or you can use
> aluminum roof flashing. Has anyone out there tried to use aluminum roof
> flashing in this manner? Is there a recommended width that is best. I
> suppose a wider strip would be more efficient, but it would also have a
> higher coupling co-efficient, so you'd have to raise the secondary up out
> of the field. Suggestions anyone?

You can reduce k by making the diameter of the primary larger.
Personally I wouldn't bother - copper pipe works well.

Regards,
Malcolm