[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: doorknob caps

Hi Andrew,

	For a 15kV transformer, the maximum voltage would be 15000* SQRT(2) or
about 21000 volts.  I would go to 25kV just to be safe.  So you would have
to put 5 of these caps in a row to get the proper voltage.  However, that
would drop the capacitance of this string down to 1/5 or 240pF which would
be too low.  You NST would need about 5nF minumium and probably more like
12 to 15 nF.  Unless you have a very large number of these caps, they will
not work.  You shold probably look into an small MMC or even salt water
caps instead.

Cheers,

	Terry