[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: vacuum spark gap ( and Xrays)

Hi all,

I dont really know much about this, but I saw a demonstartion last year in
whi9ch X-rays were produced by puting a high voltage across an evacuated
tube. This sounds worryingly similar to your vacuum spark gap.

Does any one out there actually know anything about this phenomenon and
should we be wary of using vacuums with high voltages?

cheers

Mike