[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: MMC Protection SGap current limit

At 05:06 PM 05/14/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Terry,
>
>Tesla List wrote:
>
>> Original Poster: Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>
>>
>> Hi Ted,
>>
>>  I put the safety gap basically across the main gap ...
>
>I don't  understand how you do that, the safety and main gap are parallel
>normally
>that's the shortest who suppose to fire. Please explain.
>
>Luc Benard(Montreal)

I put the safety gap and the main gap in parallel.  The safety gap is set
to fire at 25kV while the main gap will fire at 21kV.  Thus, the safety gap
will only fire if the main gap fails and will take it's place.  I was
assuming you were going to put a safety gap directly across the capacitor
terminals.  In that case, there would be nothing to limit the current in
the case of the gap firing.

Cheers,

	Terry