[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TC Party Report

     Hey Tesla Folks,

     Showed my coil to the world for the first time this weekend at a
     party.  My little baby is all growed up!  With the new extra deck on
     my RQ gap, I'm getting approx 25"-30" sparks from bumps on the toroid.
      Everybody seemed to really like the coil.  We fried some CDs, which
     was a big crowd pleaser.  Of course, now my coil is covered in little
     flakes of CD metal, but hey, the show must go on.  The coil ran great,
     the cap and the gap both stayed cool.  I could run it for a couple
     minutes before one of the safety gaps would fire, at which point i'd
     shut it down for a few.  Did this all night:)

     There were cries of "more power" from the fellow coilers at the party,
     which i hope to respond to soon by adding another NST and opening up
     the gap even more.

     However, moving my coil around and showing it out has convinced me
     that the next step is to clean up the mounting and wiring system and
     generally make the whole thing more robust and bulletproof.  I'd like
     to make a special padded case for the secondary as well, as it makes
     me nervous to carry it around "naked".

     a somewhat blurry picture of my coil running with two bumps on the
     toroid can be found at:

     http://www.geocities-dot-com/charanimation/coil.JPG

     A partygoer took this with a digital camera.

     paul