[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Propagation velocity in long helical coils.

Hi Bob,

	Sorry about not getting back to you on all this.  With the holiday, list
problems, work....  I just didn't get to it.

I guess the equation you found for Fo from your May 10th post is:

Fo = 1 / (4 x SQRT (L x C))

Where C is the "true" capcitance of the coil with the top and bottom
shorted (no resonance).  Is this correct?  I will set up a ground plane and
try to do this test in a large room to get an accurate true C measurment.
I am still doing some left over poly cap work tonight but I'll try this on
my two well known coils ASAP!

Cheers,

	Terry