List and with much confusion. The problem is that coilers confuse power and
energy. These are two completely different parameters. Are you interested in
the output power, output energy, or both for your NST?

John H. Couture

----------------------------

-----Original Message-----
From: Tesla List [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2000 6:59 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Power in a TC System

Original Poster: "Gavin Dingley" <gavin.dingley-at-astra.ukf-dot-net>

Hi all,
Up until now, I have been using the primary tank capacitor reactance to
judge the power used by my TC system. That is, I calculated the
capacitors reactance at the mains frequency (50Hz) and divided the
square of the kV output of my NST by it. P=V^2 / X. Does this give a
true indication of system power?

The alternative would be to multiply the number of brakes per second in
the SG by the energy stored in the capacitor, that is,

((C V^2) / 2) * Bps

Which is correct?

Regards,

Gavin, U.K.