[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla's Wireless Power Transmission ==> was Re: Non-tech Question

> Original Poster: "Bill Parn" <parn-at-starpower-dot-net>
>
> > Original Poster: "Ed Phillips" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>
> >
> > That's not "wireless power transmission", just inductive coupling of
> > resonant circuits.  If you read Tesla's stuff you'll find out that that
> > was not what he was talking about.  (Whether or not he did transmit "by
> > wireless".  I'm convinced he didn't but then the whole subject is much
> > more one of religion than science.)
> >

> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Gavin, U.K.
> >
> > Comments by
> >
> > Ed
>
> I am convinced from what I read that he did indeed transmit power
> without wires.  Granted I have not read as much about this as I would
> like to, however here are two accounts I do remember reading about.

Snip....

> Wireless power transmission.
> I think so.
>
> Cheers,
> Bill Parn

Yes Bill a read the boat stuff also somewhere, but in a reproduction of a
Britannica Online article( www.neuronet.pitt.edu/~bogdan/tesla/bio.htm ) it
says however:  'In 1898 Tesla announced his invention of a teleautomatic
boat guided by remote control. When skepticism was voiced, Tesla proved his
claims for it before a crowd in Madison Square Garden.'

On the following site www.tfcbooks-dot-com/teslafaq.htm you can read:
'The small remote control boat that you read about (Tesla called it a
telautomaton) was first demonstrated to the public in 1898 at New York
City's Madison Square Garden. A patent with the long title "Method of and
Apparatus for Controlling Mechanism of Moving Vessels or Vehicles" (No.
613,809) was granted to Tesla in the same year. His first demonstration of
an apparatus for radio transmission and reception took place in 1893 during
a lecture presentation in St. Louis before the National Electric Light
Association. The entire lecture can be found in a book titled Inventions,
Researches and Writings of Nikola Tesla.'

On lindsaybks-dot-com/arch/rdy/index.html you can see pictures of the boat.

The problem with 'Wireless Power Transmission' and 'Herzian waves' was that
Tesla believed they were not the same and that 'his waves' could travel the
earth without much loss. This of course is fiction, because they where the
same.

Ruud de Graaf